How do you reserve an apartment?
1. Enter the dates you would like to come in the search bar and select the apartment you would like to rent. For a stay between 32 days and 6 months, you can make your pre-reservation through our website and pay the amount indicated. Once you have done the pre-reservation, you must send us specific documents that we use to approve your booking. In the case that your request is denied, we will refund you in full.
For reservations over 6 months, contact us with the apartment´s reference number that you wish to rent, we will inform you of the terms and conditions around renting and we will confirm to you its availability.
2. You may also wish to visit the apartment or request more information before making your reservation. In this case use the contact form on the apartment page to request a visit.
3. For stays of more than 31 nights we will need you to send us the necessary documentation as outlined below.
Scanned copy of your DNI, NIE or passport and proof of work from your line of work:
- University ID card
- Proof of student payments
- Solvency record and/or third-person guarantor
3.2 If you are currently employed:
- Last three pay slips
- Work contract
- Income tax declaration statement
- Income tax declaration statement
- Proof of three previous recievements of pay (I.R.P.F)
- Managerial or administrative information
- Certificate of organisation´s foundation
- Accredited certificate to the faculty for legal representation of the organisation
- Social tax presented in the last year (Model 200)
3.5 Other cases:
- Bank statement or statement of the guarantor
- Proof of income from abroad
- Personal recommendation signed and sealed by the issuing body
4. For stays of more than 32 nights, the acceptance of reservations will be subject to an income check by the interested party. AB Apartment Barcelona will give you the result of your request to rent within three working days. Your income must be 2.5 times more than the value of renting.
Confirming your rental and what is included in the price
In order to confirm your rental you must pay the following:
- 1st month's rent + one-time agency fee
- Agency fee:
- From 32 days to 6 months: the agency fee is included in the total rental price shown on the website
- From 6 to 11 months: the commission is equivalent to one month's rent ( +21% VAT)
- IMPORTANT: in the case that you cancel within 48hours after completing the booking, you will recieve a full refund of the amount paid (valid on our apartments with the GI reference code and maximum 30 days before the arrival date). In the other situation that you cancel after the 48 hour window, you will not be refunded for either the rent for the first month, or the agency fee. Nevertheless, you will be able to change the dates of your reservation if they are available, up to 30 days before your arrival. In order to avoid costs incurred by unforeseen cancellations, we recommend that customers take out travel insurance. All cancellations must be communicated via email.
Linens and towels are included in the rental price for stays of up to 11 months.
Final cleaning procedure:
The apartment must be fully cleaned once the rental period is complete. The charge for this must be paid by the tenant. The price is determined by the size of the apartment in m2.
You will be charged a minimum monthly rate for utilities such as gas, electricity, water and Internet according to the size of the apartment: 1 bedroom – €120; 2 bedrooms – €150, 3 bedrooms – €200, 4 or more bedrooms: €250. At the end of your stay we will check the bills and if there are any outstanding amounts that have not been covered by your monthly payments we will deduct these from your deposit.
We provide a maintenance service for the apartment and we will resolve any problems which may occur during your stay. If the problem is a result of a misuse of the apartment or anything inside it, the cost of any reparations must be paid for by the tenant.
How to make your payments
- For stays from 32 days to 11 months, payment to confirm the rental can be made online by credit/debit card, PayPal or bank transfer, unless another form of payment has been agreed by our agents.
- If you choose to pay with an online cards, please take into account that the follow charges may be applied: VISA or MASTERCARD, 2% and PayPal 2% top of the amount paid. For other payments to online cards, please get in touch with our commercial team.
- In case of a delay in payment of rent and/or bills, the tenant will be charged 5% of the total amount owed, for each week that passes without payment.
- For reservations longer than 6 months, the tenant is obligated to pay the property transfer tax, accrued at the rate of 0.5% of the total rent cost agreed.
IMPORTANT: Bank transfers must be made only after confirmation that the reservation has been accepted.
You can pay by internet banking to bank: BANCO BILBAO VIZCAYA ARGENTARIA S.A,
IBAN: ES78 0182 8102 6502 0155 3418
CONCEPT OF THE TRANSFER: Booking number + Booking applicant name
The deposit will be refunded within 31 days following departure, provided that the apartment is in a good state and without any damage. In the case it is not, the refund period for the deposit will be subject to conditions of a review of the apartment and the deduction of costs needed for supplies and damage.
You will receive a confirmation email detailing where you need to go to collect your keys. This will either be our 24h Check-in Office or our Long-Term Rentals and Sales Office, depending on the length of your stay.
ITP - Property Transfer Tax
In the Spanish Tribunal system, they have a task that is not well known by citizens: The Property Transfer Tax/ITP on renting properties with intention to living there. The Property Transfer Tax must be paid on arrival; the amount is set when the reservation is complete.
To be able to complete this tax payment, it is essential that both citizens from and away from the community provide their NIE. For this, you must send a copy of the NIE within a maximum of 2 months after arriving at the apartment.
All the apartments have a home insurance that covers the content of the property; it does not cover the personal belongings of the tenant. It is recommended that the tenant contract home insurance to cover their personal belongings in case of damage or theft. In such cases, the lessor is not responsible.
Renewing a monthly rental contract
Once the rental period is over, if you wish to extend your stay in the apartment, you will be required to pay €250 (+21% VAT).
Rent options for businesses
We have two rent options for businesses.
1- Invoices with VAT
Not every business owner is legally able to administer invoices. Speak to us and we will tell you about the terms and conditions of the property that you want to rent.
2- Invoices without VAT
You should supply us with the name and the ID (identification number) or the passport of the tenant, so that the information is recorded in the corresponding part of the contract. Renting carried out by a business on the behalf of an employee, is exempt from VAT and is not subject to withholding. These invoices will be administered under the name of the business, but with 0% VAT.