How do you reserve an apartment?
1. Enter the dates you would like to come in the search bar and select the apartment you would like to rent. For a stay between 32 days and 6 months, you can make your pre-reservation through our website and pay the amount indicated. Once you have done the pre-reservation, you must send us specific documents that we use to approve your booking. In the case that your request is denied, we will refund you in full.
For reservations over 6 months, contact us with the apartment´s reference number that you wish to rent, we will inform you of the terms and conditions around renting and we will confirm to you its availability.
2. You may also wish to visit the apartment or request more information before making your reservation. In this case use the contact form on the apartment page to request a visit.
3. For stays of more than 31 nights we will need you to send us the necessary documentation as outlined below.
Scanned copy of your DNI, NIE or passport and proof of work from your line of work:
- University ID card
- Proof of student payments
- Solvency record and/or third-person guarantor
3.2 If you are currently employed:
- Last three pay slips
- Work contract
- Income tax declaration statement
- Income tax declaration statement
- Proof of three previous recievements of pay (I.R.P.F)
- Managerial or administrative information
- Certificate of organisation´s foundation
- Accredited certificate to the faculty for legal representation of the organisation
- Social tax presented in the last year (Model 200)
3.5 Other cases:
- Bank statement or statement of the guarantor
- Proof of income from abroad
- Personal recommendation signed and sealed by the issuing body
4. For stays of more than 31 nights, the acceptance of reservations will be subject to an income check by the interested party. AB Apartment Barcelona will give you the result of your request to rent within three working days. Your income must be 2.5 times more than the value of renting.
Confirming your rental and what is included in the price
In order to confirm your rental you must pay the following:
- 1st month's rent + one-time agency fee (if applicable)
- Agency fee:
- From 32 days to 6 months: the agency fee is included in the total rental price shown on the website
- From 6 to 11 months: the commission is equivalent to one month's rent ( +21% VAT)
- IMPORTANT: If the reservation is cancelled within the first 48 hours, a full refund will be made of the amount paid (valid for all of our GI referenced apartments and providing that there are more than 30 days before arrival). After 48 hours, no refund will be made not of the first month rent, nor the agency fee (if applicable). Either way, you can change the dates of your reservation up to 30 days before arrival. Restrictions are applied. Please read our Cancellation policy for more information.
Linens and towels are included in the rental price for stays of up to 11 months.
Final cleaning procedure:
The apartment must be fully cleaned once the rental period is complete. The charge for this must be paid by the tenant. The price is determined by the size of the apartment in m2.
You will be charged a minimum monthly rate for utilities such as gas, electricity, water and Internet according to the size of the apartment: 1 bedroom – €120, 2 bedrooms – €200, 3 bedrooms – €250, 4 or more bedrooms – €300. At the end of your stay we will check the bills and if there are any outstanding amounts that have not been covered by your monthly payments we will deduct these from your deposit.
We provide a maintenance service for the apartment and we will resolve any problems which may occur during your stay. If the problem is a result of a misuse of the apartment or anything inside it, the cost of any reparations must be paid for by the tenant.
How to make your payments
- For stays from 32 days to 11 months, payment to confirm the rental can be made online by credit/debit card, PayPal or bank transfer, unless another form of payment has been agreed by our agents.
- Please note that, if you choose to pay via MASTERCARD / VISA or PayPal, the payment will be subject to a 2% bank fee.
- In case of a delay in payment of rent and/or bills, the tenant will be charged 5% of the total amount owed, for each day that passes without payment.
- For rentals with a leasing contract, the tenant is obliged to pay the property transfer tax (ITP), accrued at the rate of 0.5% of the total rent cost agreed.
IMPORTANT: Bank transfers must be made only after confirmation that the reservation has been accepted.
You can pay by internet banking to bank: BANCO BILBAO VIZCAYA ARGENTARIA S.A,
IBAN: ES78 0182 8102 6502 0155 3418
CONCEPT OF THE TRANSFER: Booking number + Booking applicant name
The deposit will be refunded within 31 days following departure, provided that the apartment is in a good state and without any damage. In the case it is not, the refund period for the deposit will be subject to conditions of a review of the apartment and the deduction of costs needed for supplies and damage.
You will receive a confirmation email detailing where you need to go to collect your keys.
ITP - Property Transfer Tax
There is a tax in the Spanish Tax System not commonly known by citizens: the property transfer tax (ITP). This tax is for properties that are rented with the intention of living there, either as a primary or secondary residence. The ITP tax must be paid upon arrival. In order to make the payment of this tax, it is necessary that both EU and non-EU citizens have a DNI or NIE number.
All the apartments have a home insurance that covers the content of the property; it does not cover the personal belongings of the tenant. It is recommended that the tenant contract home insurance to cover their personal belongings in case of damage or theft. In such cases, the lessor is not responsible.
Rent options for businesses
We have two rent options for businesses.
1- Invoices with VAT
Not every business owner is legally able to administer invoices. Speak to us and we will tell you about the terms and conditions of the property that you want to rent.
2- Invoices without VAT
You should supply us with the name and the ID (identification number) or the passport of the tenant, so that the information is recorded in the corresponding part of the contract. Renting carried out by a business on the behalf of an employee, is exempt from VAT and is not subject to withholding. These invoices will be administered under the name of the business, but with 0% VAT.